Ideas For Dating
TIP 1: PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD
Think back to your early dating days when you worked hard to impress your partner with the cute clothes you wore, and the unique way you treated your future partner.
The romantic date ideas, and the unique date ideas; you might have shown up with flowers or a cute little gift. It was those small acts of love that made you want to come back for more.
Sometimes the longer a couple are together, the less effort they put into the relationship, or forget the importance of implementing unique dating ideas.
They take each other for granted and think the romance will last forever with very little effort. Putting in the effort is important, it shows your partner that they are your highest priority.
At some point in your relationship you won your partner’s heart, but wise couples continue to win their partner’s heart over and over again, making every date night one to be remembered.
TIP 2: LEAVE YOUR PROBLEMS BEHIND
Some things really are best left behind when you go out on a date night with your partner – and that’s problems!
Stress. Worry. Anxiety. Drop the baggage for a night and concentrate on your partner. You may be experiencing issues with the kids or the mother-in-law, or maybe you have unresolved issues between the two of you, but those things will spoil your date night.
It’s time to engage fully with your partner and talk about the things that are playful and fun. The things that inspire hopes and dreams and romance for the future.
That starts by turning your phone on silent, or maybe even leaving it at home.
TIP 3: COMMIT TO LOVING CHEAP DATES
When you have children, the amount of money you can spend on fun changes. Sometimes your only option is to have a date night on the cheap.
Whether it’s hot outside or there’s a crisp chill in the air, you can still take advantage of some cheap but romantic dating ideas. You just need to be creative.
Get out there and enjoy the great outdoors! It’s healthy, it’s refreshing, and best of all, it’s cheap. Why not try one of our unique dating ideas?
- Hike a nearby mountain with a backpack full of snacks…maybe even champagne!
- Go camping or glamping for the night.
- Go berry picking, then come home and make a pie.
- Grab a cup of coffee and dessert, and just walk around the town.
- Take an afternoon drive, and find a cozy place to have cuddles on a picnic blanket.
- Go to the local pub and play a game of pool and load up the juke box.
- Begin a DIY backyard project together.
- Grab a flashlight and go for an evening walk together hand in hand.
- Put your heads together to come up with fun date ideas at home.
TIP 4: LIVE IT UP AT HOME:
There are plenty of fun dates you can have without ever stepping out your front door.
Often, coming up with and putting into action home date ideas can be the funnest dates of all, because it took a lot more thought and creativity to make your time together enjoyable.
The fact that your children get to watch their parents enjoying each other and their date ideas at home is a great bonus, and good role-modelling for their future.
Hunker down and enjoy some at home date nights:
- DIY pizzas you make yourself, or dig up those old pizza vouchers and order in.
- Make cocktails and snacks together and watch the sunset from the patio.
- Play board games together or your favorite video game. Loser does the dishes!
- Get dessert delivered from your favorite restaurant.
- Pull the mattress out into the sitting room and watch a romantic movie together with shoulder massages at intermission.
- Set up an ice cream bar with all the toppings.
- Listen to the music of your youth while having a bbq outside. Reminisce about who you were in those days.
- Pitch a tent in the backyard and have a campfire with marshmallows. Spend some time stargazing and learn more about the constellations in your night sky.
- Get in the bath together and crank up your favorite love songs.
TIP 5: DIAL UP THE ROMANCE
Implementing a romantic date idea can happen in the evening or during the day. All that quality time together will really get the sparks flying and the romance with it. Why not give one of our unique dating ideas a try?
- Go out for breakfast and enjoy a morning walk after.
- Find out where there is live music and book a seat with tapas & drinks.
- Take a dance class together and get your body moving.
- Go shopping together and buy your partner a new outfit, then go out for dinner.
- Go for a bike ride together for coffee or lunch.
- Do a yoga, boxing or Pilates class together and sweat out all that stress.
- Visit a local winery and enjoy some local delicacies.
- Go and see a movie together, or find a local drive-in.
- Plan a night away at a romantic B & B and enjoy each other’s company.
- Hire a canoe and go paddling.
- Create a mystery date where one of you organizes a special (surprise) night for your partner.
Pulling away from the routines that we get caught up in and spending time together will allow you both to breathe, refocus on each other, and enjoy some good company. There’s no excuse to miss out on a date night together. Make them a priority and engage each other like you did on your first date.
You can’t live off yesterday’s memories forever, but you can create moments that refuel your affection over and over again. Come together (or surprise your partner) to create a list of dating ideas to enjoy together.
For more romantic date night ideas and ideas for dating to build the perfect relationship. Check our The Marriage Playbook. It’s perfect for those who are married and those who in serious relationships.